Summer Place Theatre announces auditions for Footloose!
Stage Adaptation by DEAN PITCHFORD and WALTER BOBBIE
Music by TOM SNOW
Lyrics by DEAN PITCHFORD
Kick off your Sunday shoes and audition for Summer Place Theatre's production of the rock musical Footloose! with music by Tom Snow and lyrics by Dean Pitchford. Teenaged Ren leaves his life in Chicago to settle in a farming town with his mom, but the new town has a strict ban on Ren’s favorite pastime: dancing. Ren has no choice but to lead his classmates in a toe-tapping revolution. Our production runs July 27 - August 5 and will be directed by Madison Smith, music directed by Emma Gingold, and choreographed by Samantha Sieghart.
This is a dance-heavy, youthful rock show, so we hope to cast plenty of high school and college age triple-threats!
Audition times and locations are as follows:
- Monday, May 21 from 7:00-9:30 p.m. at the Alfred Rubin Riverwalk Community Center, 305 Jackson Ave, Naperville
- Tuesday, May 22 from 7:00-9:30 p.m. at the Alfred Rubin Riverwalk Community Center, 305 Jackson Ave, Naperville
Auditions are open to actors aged 16 and older. Please prepare 16 bars of either a contemporary Broadway or rock song compatible in style with the show. Bring sheet music in the correct key for the accompanist. A cappella singing and karaoke tracks will not be allowed. Wear comfortable clothes and shoes to learn a dance combination. All actors will be asked to sing and dance at auditions.
Actors are strongly encouraged to fill out their audition forms ahead of time and designate which evening they plan to audition. However, walk-ups are welcome. Please email email@example.com with any questions.
Callbacks, if needed, will be held at the Rubin Center on Saturday, May 26.
Times and locations are subject to change.
- Teen roles
- Ren McCormack (Male) - A teenage boy from Chicago. Fun, quick-witted and loves to dance, out-going personality. Strong dancer. (tenor)
- Ariel Moore(Female) - Rebellious daughter of Reverend Moore. Strong dancer. (mezzo)
- Chuck Cranston (Male) - Ariel's "bad boy" boyfriend. (tenor)
- Willard Hewitt (Male) - A true country boy. Big tempered, loves his mama. Befriends Ren's. Strong dancer. (baritone/tenor)
- Rusty (Female) - Ariel's best friend. Eventually falls for Willard. (mezzo)
- Urleen (Female) - Ariel's friend. (mezzo)
- Wendy Jo (Female) - Ariel's friend. (meezo)
- Jeter (Male) - Willard's friend. (tenor)
- Bickle (Male) - Willard's friend. (tenor)
- Garvin (Male) - Willard's friend. (baritone)
- Lyle (Male) - Chuck's buddy. (tenor)
- Travis (Male) - Chuck's buddy. (baritone)
- Cowboy Bob - A cowboy in a country western dance hall.
- High School Students, and Country Western Couples.
- Adult roles
- Reverend Shaw Moore (Male) - The minister of Beaumont. Ariel's father. (baritone)
- Vi Moore (Female) - Ariel's mother. (mezzo)
- Ethel McCormack (Female) - Ren's mother. (mezzo)
- Lulu Warnicker (Female) - Ren's aunt. Speaking role.
- Wes Warnicker (Male) - Ren's uncle. Speaking role.
- Principal Harry Clark (Male / Female) - Principal of the high school. Speaking role.
- Coach Roger Dunbar (Male) - The high school gym teacher. Speaking role.
- Eleanor Dunbar (Female) - Coach Dunbar's wife. Speaking role.
- Betty Blast (Female) - owner of the Burger Blast. Speaking role.
- A Cop (Male) - Small speaking role.
- Choir, Parishioners, and Townspeople
RSVP on Facebook to let us know you're coming!
Actors receive no pay for working in our productions.
Actors are required to pay a $25 fee to help us defray costs in play licensing, script rental, costume rental and other fees. Fees are collected by ReadThrough.